Celebrate the 4th of July With a POP!
Jul 2nd 2018
Did you know that one of the most delicious ways to prepare popcorn is over a campfire? It’s true! At Amish Country Popcorn, we love the slightly smoky flavor and the added fun of enjoying our favorite snack outdoors. Here’s how you can prepare your favorite crunchy treat over the fire at home:
You will need the following:
- a tin pie pan
- Aluminum foil
- Your favorite Amish Country Popcorn kernels
- Vegetable or olive oil
- Your favorite seasoning or popcorn topping
- Measure out your popcorn. Dump in the pie tin with 1-2 tablespoons of oil. Toss to coat kernels.
- Cover pie tin tightly with foil, creating a domed top so there is plenty of room for the kernels to pop.
- Place over campfire.
- Using tongs, gently shake the pie tin as the kernels pop.
- When you no longer hear kernels popping, remove the pan from the fire.
- Carefully open the foil, season, and enjoy!
A few tips:
- Don’t place popcorn tin directly over high flames. You could end up burning your snack! Burning embers produce enough heat for this tasty treat.
- If you don’t have a tin pie pan, you can create a pouch out of tin foil and produce a similar result.
- A cast iron dutch oven could also be used, if you have a lot of hungry campers!