Looking for the perfect salty-sweet snack to bring to your Easter gathering? Or maybe you’re just ready to celebrate the end of winter with a fun treat? Look no further than Springtime Popcorn, a delicious, easy snack that is sure to get you excited for the warmer days ahead.
(adapted from Two Sisters)
- 10 cups popped Amish Country Popcorn
- 3 tbsp. butter
- 3 cups mini marshmallows
- 1 bag Easter M&M candies
- pastel sprinkles
- Salt your popped popcorn and set aside in a large bowl.
- Add 3 tablespoons of butter to a medium saucepan. Melt the butter on medium heat, stirring occasionally until the butter is completely melted.
- Add 3 cups of mini marshmallows to the melted butter.
- Stir until the marshmallows are covered in the butter, and then continue to stir until the marshmallows are completely melted.
- Take the marshmallow mixture off of the heat as soon as the last marshmallow has melted.
- Slowly pour about a third of the marshmallow mixture over the salted popcorn.
- Gently fold the marshmallow mixture in with the popcorn. Continue to add the marshmallow mixture a bit at a time, stirring between each addition. The popcorn should be completely covered in the warm marshmallow mixture.
- Now pour the popcorn onto a cookie sheet covered with parchment paper, foil, or a Silpat liner. Use the spatula to even the popcorn out on the cookie sheet.
- Once the popcorn is covered in marshmallow mixture it is time to add the candy. But don’t wait too long. You want the marshmallow mixture to still be warm and sticky so the candy and sprinkles will stick to it. Sprinkle the candy onto the popcorn. We decorated our popcorn with a handful of Mini Marshmallows, Easter Mix M&M's, and a liberal sprinkling of pastel-colored Sprinkles.
- Allow the Springtime Celebration Popcorn to cool. Break apart into pieces and serve.